October 26 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
FAFSA Night will be held on Thursday, October 26th, 4:30 – 7:30 pm in the VHS Media Center.
* Volunteers will be available to help families complete their FAFSA online.
* PowerPoint Presentations about Financial Aid will be held at 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 pm. “What is financial aid? How does financial aid work? How does the FAFSA affect scholarships?
* What You Must Bring:
* Student AND Parent Social Security Numbers
* Alien registration numbers (if you are not US citizens)
* 2016 Parent AND Student Federal Income Tax Returns
* 2016 Untaxed income recores (if applicable)
* Want to Get a Head Start?
* Create an FSA I.D. now–required for the student and for one parent
* Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov
* This will be very helpful and speed up the FAFSA completion process!
FYI…The FAFSA has undergone some IMPORTANT changes.
* The 2018-2019 FAFSA opens on October 1st. In the past, the FAFSA did not open until Jan. 1st.
* “Prior prior year” income information is used, which means 2016 Income Tax Returns. This will make it MUCH easier for families to complete the FAFSA early, since everyone will have completed their tax returns.
* Colleges have moved priority financial deadlines up to as early as November 15th, BUT students will get earlier financial aid awards!